Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Settling In

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures! I have updated my Flickr account and things are pretty well organized (click on the link on the side to go to check it out.) I will continue to update the captions and titles of the pictures and try to place many of them on the map!

I have been in Göteborg since Saturday and things are going really well. It is quite nice to actually be in the same city for a bit. Tomorrow and Friday will be my last days in th field and then I will do data analysis for the rest of the time that I work with Frank.


I spent my first day in the office today and have the beautiful office pictured above all to myself! I'm in the Zoology building at Göteborg University and at coffee breaks and lunch I got to meet some of the other students and professors who have offices in the building.

I was in a hostel in Göteborg for a few nights and got to meet some really cool people. On Sunday I took a ferry out into the archipelago near Göteborg and spent an afternoon hanging out on an island that is a nature reserve.


Now I am at Elin's (Frank's daughter) apartment for a few days. She had an open room before a new roommate moves in on Saturday and I have really enjoyed going for walks with her and her boyfriend Jonas as well as sharing music and partaking of her wonderful cooking!

This weekend I am planning to go to Copenhagen to look around. It's only 3-4 hours on the train and who could resist a city that needs not one, but two "Wonderful"s to describe it!

No comments: