Friday, August 10, 2007

Back to Civilization for a Limited Time Only

I am now in Gothenburg/Göteborg and enjoying having a room to myself, a washing machine, and wireless Internet at Frank's house. After spending four weeks on the road in hostels even someone else's house I've only been to once feels a lot more like home.

But... since Frank is taking next week to plan classes for the upcoming semester I am taking off again. I am leaving tomorrow on an overnight train to Abisko National Park and am really excited to backpack along a section of the Kungsleden (King's Trail) that starts there. The trail is well marked, well used, and even has cabins along it that you can pay to stay and cook in! I'm bringing my tent and plan to camp, but Sweden's rain may get the best of me a night or two! Frank's oldest daughter, Elin, has been up to that area several times (including just a few weeks ago) and helped me plan my route and what to pack. I will be up in the mountains, so bears aren't a problem, making packing a bit easier.

I promise some more insightful, less here-is-where-I-am posts when I get back to Gothenburg and have a place to stay for more than 2 nights and that has Internet. Ok, I don't promise, but I will try.

No comments: