Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pictures!?!?



OK, I've uploaded some stuff onto Flickr under the user name kaitlinschott. I think the following link will let you look at them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10636715@N03/

Other than that, last weekend was great. I was on Öland and rented a bike to check out the southern part of the island. The southern most tip (starting just south of the hostel I stayed at) is a nature reserve for all of the birds that hang out on Öland. I took my time biking around there until I got to the southern tip where I got to watch researchers band geese and swans and saw about a hundred swans swimming in the Baltic Sea.

On Sunday I went to Eketorp, a restored Viking fort. As soon as I walked in I donned Viking clothing and got to do things like bake flat bread over an open fire, make a ceramic pot (which of course I already broke), and hear stories about the old Norse gods (in Swedish, some of which I actually understood!)

No comments: