Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sverige!

I am writing this from an appropriately well-lit and electronically wired Scandinavian apartment. I made it to Stockholm three hours late due to a lightening storm in Newark that held up all outgoing flights. Even with the delay (or maybe more apparently so because of the delay) SAS was amazing and made me remember that it can be enjoyable to fly. I cleared the passport check and customs, bought a bus ticket, and made my way to downtown Stockholm all by myself! Luckily, Caroline was waiting for me at the bus stop and we got lunch before heading back to her apartment. My wonderful hostess is off at work right now so I don't have to feel bad about sitting on the computer, immersing myself in Swedish culture by eating knäckerbröd & watching Swedish tv, and catching up on some sleep. I am excited to get into the city again tomorrow and have a look around. No pictures yet but I'll upload some as I take them.

No comments: