Monday, September 17, 2007

A hop across the pond


Helsinki, Finland

OK, so now that I am at home in Wisconsin with regular internet connection I have completely slacked on updating my blog. I blame it on the fact that I'm only back in WI for 13 days before skipping town again and I have other things to be doing.

Anyway, for an update: I went to Helsinki a little over a week ago and had a great time not only in the city but on the boat ride to/from Stockholm-Helsinki. The Viking Line is a cruise line that does that trip every night for dirt cheap. I met some great Finns on the way to Helsinki that showed me around the city. I also had tips from my Swedish teacher who has lived in Helsinki before (and who just moved back there the same day I flew out of Stockholm, sometimes timing is just off). From the Art Deco architecture to the saunas (yes, I did go to a REAL Finnish sauna outside of Helsinki) Helsinki was wonderful.

Now I have been state-side for almost a week and am trying to figure which 80 pounds of my excessive amounts of stuff I want to bring with me to Paraguay. So far my only real issue is how much the cds I'm bringing weigh. I have decided to bring cds, a battery powered walkman, rechargeable batteries, and a solar batter charger for my music needs (so anyone who wants to send me cds while I'm down south is certainly welcome to!)

In any event, on Friday night I will be doing my last big night out on the town so I hope to see any- and every-one there!

1 comment:

the kilipino said...

heeyy!! just thought id check your blog since youre coming down this week!!

dont worry about the solar battery charger if you havent bought it yet. all of us have electricity!! as for the weight requirement.... they werent that strict with my group. some of us overpacked, and others underpacked.... i think they just took a group average.

anywho, cant wait to meet you!! good luck with your packing, and safe travels!!